Associate Workplace Designer
A leading AJ100 practice has an opening for an associate designer to join their award-winning team - initially to lead commercial workplace projects, with the opportunity to cross over to other sectors.
- Reporting to the director, you will contribute to the management and growth of the interiors business, with the ability to win work.
- Driving conceptual design outcomes in the studio, with a strong sense of design leadership.
- Day-to-day running of the interiors department including allocation and delegation of team members.
- Project budgeting, programming and monthly monitoring and reports of resource plans across varying projects.
- Client liaison including presentations to existing and new clients.
- Leadership guidance to the interior team and the ability to mentor younger staff.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience working in a commercial practice delivering large scale projects, including workplace interiors.
- Technical mind-set with good eye for design.
- Knowledge of UK building systems regulations and construction methods.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong technical knowledge and attention to detail.
- An understanding of documentation delivery using computer aided drafting.
- Proficiency in Micro-station is advantageous.
- Presentation and organisational skills.
- Outstanding communication.
Alongside phenomenal projects this practice has an environment that encourages creativity and leadership. Apply now with your CV and sample portfolio.