VP / Director of Design
VP / Design Director / London / £55-£70k+ (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Product Development, Bath, Sanitary, Furniture, Kitchen, Faucets, Shower
A global leader that lives on the edge of design and technology within the kitchen and bath industry is looking to expand its award winning in-house design team in London. They are looking for a talented and self-motivated individual to take on the role as VP/Design Director, for the brands new venture in London. The successful candidate will have experience leading and developing innovative and exciting design solutions and bringing these to a global market.
Working closely with the Chief Design Officer the successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to expand the brands design capabilities and establish an innovative design studio in London.
You must be a self-motivated and dynamic individual, who has an unparalleled passion for design, quality, technology and sustainability. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to create designs which exceed consumer and market expectations and help re-imagine the industry.
This is an exciting and career defining opportunity to join and be part of the most innovative brand in this field, designing and delivering the brands latest collections across a range of high end, high performance products.
THE VP / DESIGN DIRECTOR JOB
- Bring a fresh creative perspective, new tools, and techniques.
- Generation of innovative solutions from consumer insight to production.
- Ability to lead industrial design components within multi-disciplinary development programs.
- Produce robust high-quality surface models.
- Creation of photorealistic renderings and animations.
- Detailed design of components and products.
- Driving new product development and innovation.
- Continuously explore and develop new methods and approaches and implement these to concept development and design research.
- Work in tandem with new product development departments in an atmosphere that achieves new levels of creativity and innovation.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with new materials and processes, and awareness of consumer/competitor product offerings and design trends.
- A key industrial designer representing the brands function on projects that are large in scale and/or complexity.
- Frequent travel within Asia and Europe.
ABOUT THE VP / DESIGN DIRECTOR
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Product Design.
- 10+ years proven experience.
- 3D CAD such as Rhino, Pro-Engineer, Creo, and/or Solidworks.
- Understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Have a great track record of exciting products brought to the market.
- Able to demonstrate your visual flair and communication skills.
- Experience delivering products grounded in market/business strategy.
- Flexible and dynamic in your approach