Lead Graphics Designer
Lead Graphic Designer
£34,894 pro-rata per annum
Application Deadline: 11.45pm, 1 August 2018
Interviews: approx. 30 August 2018
The British Museum is offering an exciting new opportunity for a Lead Graphic Designer to join its marketing team. The role will take the lead on developing and creating visual approaches for all major design briefs for the Museum's marketing materials. We are looking for someone who can work with the strong visual brand of the British Museum, creating designs that are appropriate to the audience, and adhere to the Museum's visual language, whilst also reflecting the Museum's aims and objectives.
You will be an advocate for the highest design standards and creatively inspire and direct other designers within the Marketing design team.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Designing graphic solutions for marketing for all applications of major Museum campaigns (including on-site, outdoor/off-site advertising, print and digital), working with the Design and Brand Manager and Marketing Managers.
- Ensure the Museum's visual language guidelines are adhered to in all creative executions providing advice to other Departments as necessary/appropriate.
- Direct other designers in the Marketing Department, inspiring creative solutions through practical demonstration, and liaise with/art-direct external freelancers, photographers, illustrators, designers (print and digital) and artworkers.
- Produce and supply artwork for print, or upload files for digital production, to the highest standards, liaise with external suppliers, and oversee production.
- Ensure successful delivery of allocated design projects, handling multiple jobs concurrently, prioritise, report on progress, deliver to deadline and keep costs within set budgets.
The successful candidate will hold a degree or equivalent in graphic design and have extensive design experience at a senior level in an arts/publishing consumer environment, a studio environment and in digital marketing. You will have in-depth knowledge of pre-press and print production, and be able to show exceptional and wide-ranging creative solutions, and attention to detail. You will have proven abilities in using InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, and should have the ability to guide internal clients through a design brief and present design concepts to stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who can work creatively in a busy environment on several project simultaneously, therefore you must have strong organisational skills, and the ability to multi-task and cope under pressure. You will have good interpersonal skills, and be able to manage and direct other designers, photographers, and illustrators, and act as a mentor for the design team.
To apply for the role please complete your application on our website, and submit three pieces / pages of design work in one PDF document, demonstrating your creative ability and breadth of experience to: