Bespoke Design Engineer
This award-winning organisation offer a wide range of market focused and design-led products for the building and construction sectors and underpinned by this ethos of innovative design, they are continuously evolving their product range and breaking new ground with acclaimed, industry-leading concepts.
Based West of Oxford, they are a value based company, believing strongly in their staff and their well-being, with full involvement and unity in the companys growth and development.
They are currently recruiting a Bespoke Design Engineer to work on bespoke orders undertaking the design, development and detailing of feasible solutions, and their associated products, for manufacture. Also providing a high level of technical advice / project support to internal and external customers which includes working closely with the customer and internal departments in establishing the feasibility and realisation of product design specifications. You will also be undertaking simulations, thermal calculations and prototyping and producing fully detailed 3D models for manufacturing purposes.
Person / Experience required:
- Degree qualified in Product Design or Industrial Design, or similar discipline
- 3+ years experience working within a design environment for a technical / specialist products company
- Experience using 3D CAD software (SolidWorks or similar)
- Experience and understanding of sheet metal fabrication and its impact on design would be beneficial
- Have a solution based approach with strong problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills for the successful completion of projects
- Good sketching skills would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills, able to identify customers needs and understand technical information