An exciting opportunity to join the fastest growing music company!
BMG - The New Music Company
We are a growing international music company that offers a friendly and collaborative working environment with great benefits and a leadership team who values every employee.
Our mission is to be a better kind of music business. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious and quirky Graphic Designer to join our Creative team based in our Paddington office. Our Creative team are a multi- discipline design team who run like an agency and set their standards as such. They create our album art, box set special releases, merchandise, branding, high profile presenters, digital and print design, film and photography for our catalogue recordings department.
- Print / Packaging design (e.g. album art, box sets, books, brochures, pitch work)
- Digital design (e.g. art for Spotify, marketing campaign assets for social media)
- Work with clients (communicating progress and pitching ideas)
- Project management (taking ownership of projects from concept to completion, ensuring complete communication and approval from Design Director throughout)
- Communicate through sketch work (ability to sketch ideas down)
- Work with print and packaging guidelines and templates
- Product photography and filming
- Assist the overall team with artwork and major projects that may require urgent attention
- Support the Design Director on pitch and presentation work
- Achieved minimum 2:1 in an Art degree, preferably Graphic Design
- At least 5 years industry experience, preferably with minimum 1 agency
- Expert print knowledge (print techniques)
- Experience with packaging and templates
- Knowledge with working to brand guidelines
- Confident in working directly with clients
- Strong commercial awareness
- Great organisational skills and works well under pressure
- Skilled in Adobe CC, Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier
- Drawing skills would be an advantage
- A love of music!
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
How to apply
If you are passionate about music and want to join the world’s fastest growing music company click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
All applicants must include their portfolio in PDF format as well as provide a response to the question ‘Why I would be the best candidate to join the BMG design team?’
We look forward to hearing from you!