Furniture Designer & Upholstery Prototyper
This company provides contract furniture designed to enhance challenging environments, from high-traffic footfall areas such as receptions and waiting rooms to high security buildings such prisons.
To help with their growth and react to their increasingly busy workload they have created a new key position of Prototyper. The main remit is to build and amend prototypes for new products being developed. This includes building prototypes from new as well as amending existing items.
They ideally want someone that likes a challenge and has lots of initiative as well as upholstery skills. There will be other projects apart from upholstery so they need you to be flexible also
Person / Experience Required:
- Experience in upholstery
- Good carpentry skills and experience in timber carcass building
- Good numeracy and accuracy
- A knowledge of fabrics, foam and furniture materials
- Able to use initiative to solve problems
- Knowledge/experience with customer and manufacturing drawings