This specialist supplier to schools, academies, nurseries and libraries in the UK create inspiring spaces for readers which is fundamental to developing the reading habit.
Although they are primarily seeking a Library Designer, there is also a business development requirement so you should have good commercial awareness and the vision to anticipate and satisfy customer needs. You will work with prospective customers across the UK, to design exciting and innovative classroom and libraries reading areas from the conceptual design phase, using the products featured in their range, through to producing the finished drawings using CAD software.
In addition, you will be integral to the introduction and design of new products to enhance the range, and to designing bespoke focal pieces for large scale installations.
The role is considered to be a key one and the post holder will establish trust, confidence and rapport with customers in order to fully meet their requirements within agreed timescales and budgets.
Person / Experience Required:
- A formal relevant design qualification
- A minimum of two years' experience of furniture / interior design.
- To be a confident and commercially astute designer
- To be competent with SketchUp, InDesign, Excel and Word
- Have excellent creative and interpersonal skills
- Be able to engage and communicate with customers professionally at all levels
- A high degree of self-motivation
This is a full-time role, hours are 37.5 per week, Mon - Fri around a core time of 9am - 4pm. Travel is an essential part of this role so a full, clean driving licence is required. A company pool car is provided for customer visits.