Mechanical / Design Engineer
Mechanical / Design Engineer / Edinburgh / £35k + (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Medical Devices, Drug Delivery, Innovation, Consumer Products, Solidworks, Pro Engineer, Sketching.
We currently have an exciting and career defining opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Mechanical/Design Engineer to join an award-winning design and development company that has been delivering successful products and engaging experiences for leading companies around the world. The studio works closely some of the world's leading pharmaceutical and medical device companies to develop better, innovative and more meaningful solutions.
This multi-disciplinary team of designers and engineers are currently looking for an experienced candidate who is passionate about creating better human experiences and is a natural problem solver. You must be able to demonstrate experience in industrial design, engineering and human factors with the ability to develop medical devices from early concept through to manufacture.
THE MECHANICAL / DESIGN ENGINEER JOB
- Work with the wider team, applying your skills in the development of industry leading medical products.
- Incorporate product design, human factors and usability considerations as well as the ability to develop novel mechanisms and robust engineering solutions.
- Generation of innovative medical devices, equipment and drug delivery products, from strategy, concept and refinement, through to working prototype and manufacture.
- Ambassador for applying solid engineering principals to the entire product design life cycle.
- Electrical component packaging, EMC and PCB design.
- Use of Finite Element Analysis software.
ABOUT THE MECHANICAL / DESIGN ENGINEER
- 1st or Upper 2nd class degree within Mechanical/Industrial Design/Engineering.
- Experience in Solidworks.
- Skills in human factors, ergonomics and the usability of products.
- Confident communicator and happy to be client facing.
- Proven track record of delivering elegant solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of FMEA analysis techniques.
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 development process.
- Medical device or drug delivery expertise.
- Thorough understanding of modern DFA and DFM techniques.
- Experience in injected moulded design for high volume products.