Middle-Weight Interior Designer
This fast-paced and entrepreneurial company is looking for an innovative Mid-Weight Designer to join their industry leading organisation. We are looking for confident individuals who are comfortable working within a busy team and are passionate about exciting workplace design projects. If you are successful, you will be given an opportunity to become a part of a company whose aim is to create an inspirational workplace environment, where individual progression is a key focus.
Job title: Designer (full time, permanent)
Salary: 30,000 - 45,000
Reporting to: Design Team Leader
Working within your team you will:
- Produce drawings, details and modify existing plans using AutoCAD; assist 3D visualizers where appropriate.
- Meet with sales reps to be updated on their products and help maintain an up-to-date samples library
- Develop appropriate design concepts based on the client brief, exploring a variety of ways to deliver and help with space planning and workplace strategy.
- Research and specify products - fixtures and fittings, furniture and finishes
- Undertake site surveys; have the ability and willingness to coordinate with subcontractors and consultants
- Provide briefing, creative and technical support to the project leader; manage and produce construction documentation packages, including detailing.
- Any other ad hoc design support to your team as required
- Produce 3D sketch visuals and co-ordinate design of signage and other graphic material
- Excellent AutoCAD, Photoshop and Revit skills; knowledge of other relevant Adobe / Autodesk packages would also be beneficial.
- Proficient technical skill with attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication - both written and verbal
- Proven workplace design experience
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, especially on work for pitches and tenders
- Confidence to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.