Mid-Level Industrial Designer - Hampshire
Mid-Level Industrial Designers / Hampshire / £35k / Permanent
Skills: Product design, Industrial Design, User Research, Innovation, Consumer Products, Consumer Electronics, Audio, Homeware, Kitchenware, Lifestyle, FMCG
An award winning and internationally renowned Industrial Design Consultancy is looking for a talented Mid-Level Industrial Designer to join their growing team. You will be joining a small, but passionate and highly skilled team, where you will have the opportunity to work with big brands on strategic design propositions, delivering meaningful solutions and experiences. This is truly a career defining opportunity to join an established studio, with a portfolio that spans across a multitude of sectors, such as Consumer Electronics, Consumer Products, Lifestyle, Audio and FMCG. You will have a varied and challenging daily workload, collaborating with international brands as well as start-ups, taking ideas from gaining initial insights through to manufacture.
THE MID-LEVEL DESIGNER ROLE
- A thorough understanding of the design process, from concept through to manufacture, with exposure to a diverse range of projects.
- Work in collaboration with the wider team to create future products for some of the world's most exciting consumer brands.
- Assist in the development of strategic direction for projects.
- Communicate ideas and pitch concepts, with great sketching and visualisation abilities.
- Propose and evolve compelling product concepts.
- Understanding of brand and design.
- Bring a fresh creative perspective, working within a team or autonomously with energy and enthusiasm.
- Experience prototyping and modelling concepts.
- User research and innovation.
ABOUT THE MID-LEVEL PRODUCT DESIGNER
- A BA, BSc in Product/Industrial design.
- You will have a high level of practical experience with significant and proven technical skills, in an industrial design consultancy environment.
- Proven industry experience, ideally within a consultancy environment.
- Great ideation skills.
- Experience of consumer electronics.
- Advanced use of Solidworks and Keyshot, Rhino, Alias or NX an advantage.