Senior UI Designer
This global, forward-thinking and friendly digital startup are specialists in their field, and they are now looking for a hands-on Senior UI Designer to work in-house with their excellent team of creative thinkers on promoting and positioning the brand.
As a Senior UI Designer in the team, you will work closely with the Head of Design and the design and UX team, to contribute to ensuring the platform is state-of-the-art with intuitive products for web and mobile that help solve complex internal and external business problems.
You will be a hands-on, pragmatic designer who is happy to get stuck in and deliver from conception through to implementation, taking a human-centered approach that works in both design and business dimensions.
You will bring diligence and a discerning eye for functioning design, and you will take responsibility for all aspects of working closely with researchers, UX designers and developers, to improve products and services for the customer.
Day-to-day, your focus will be on maintaining and enhancing the quality of the UI and brand, developing their styleguide and feeding back into development teams, whilst creating great design for a variety of online touchpoints.
You may be asked to present concepts and key design recommendations to senior stakeholders whilst liaising with all members of your team to ensure seamless workflow.
You will manage your own workload and partner relationships, and also mentor and direct junior team members in developing their practical skills, so you need to bring confidence and experience in these areas.
The brand has a strong, friendly and straightforward DNA, which is reflected in the internal culture, and you will bring a great attitude that matches this. Being hands-on and committed, you are happy to share your positive spirit and collaborative and constructive outlook to contribute to and champion these principles.
- enthusiastic about crafting beautiful, intuitive products
- proactive and organised, with the ability to distil complex problems into focused solutions
- meticulous, with attention to design detail and typography
- experienced in HTML and CSS
- an expert hand at Adobe CS, as well as Sketch (this is a must) as well as experience of prototyping tools such as Invision and Framer
- expert at juggling multiple projects to tight deadlines in an agile environment
- able to explain and negotiate complex design decisions effectively with both senior and junior team members
- great at working with multidisciplinary teams of design, development, and product management
- a strong team player with a positive attitude to everything you do
Distilling complexity into engaging and focused design solutions