Lead Design Manager
One of the top retailers in the UK is looking for a Lead Design Manager to join their Experience Design team based in Coventry. This team includes a mixture of Researchers, UX and UI Designers, Guidelines Managers and Production experts who are all responsible for driving the company’s values through a customer-centric, evidence-based design approach.
Supplying great customer experience is one of this client’s biggest goals and they are very much recognised by this within their industry. They now want to achieve even greater things by improving their digital experience - which is where you come in. The client is heavily investing in this Experience Design team and as the Lead Design Manager within the team, you will lead the creation of design concepts across their digital products. You will ensure that there’s a distinctive and harmonised look and feel across existing and new features, products and services for both customers and employees within the business.
You will be working across websites, apps, in-store digital displays and self-service machines, as well as tools used by their employees. The role will involve you working in an agile environment with cross-functional teams including UX Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Testers, Product Owners and Stakeholders across the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead all phases of design work from concept through to production
- Manage a team of designers on a day to day basis including creating objectives and personal development plans
- Deliver exceptionally beautiful, pixel-perfect designs using customer-centric evidence-based design
- Use research and user testing to champion the voice of the customer through your work
- Help create positive brand engagement and meet the strategic vision of allowing customers to shop whenever and however they choose through delivering best-in-class UI design
- Approach your design work through the eyes of the customer and always consider how the UI will fit within the wider digital and omni-channel ecosystem
- Collaborate with the brand, marketing and customer experience teams to ensure that the wider ecosystem and brand proposition is aligned
- Be an advocate for design thinking and design process, demonstrating industry knowledge of current and anticipated innovation and trends
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional agile product teams and stakeholders, championing best practice for design thinking in an agile environment
- Collaborate with the Guidelines Manager in order to utilise and evolve the principles, patterns and styles of the digital guidelines to ensure they remain current and apply these principles consistently across all products.
- Demonstrate confidence and expert knowledge when presenting to stakeholders
- Be innovative and visionary, tirelessly pushing and challenging
- Inspire, motivate and mentor other members of the design, XD and product teams
- Wide-ranging experience in a user experience, creative, visual and/ or interaction designer capacity
- Experience managing the creative design process in an in-house product environment
- Excellent conceptualising skills and a key eye for detail
- Experience working in collaboration with product owners, UX designers and engineers in agile environments, using testing methods to validate your work
- Expert skills with the latest Adobe product suite, Sketch and rapid prototyping tools
- Strong technical knowledge of and passion for interaction and user-centred experience design, including an awareness of new platforms and tech
- Able to juggle priorities and resources across engagements, based on short and long-term needs
- Able to provide clear creative direction and timely feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule
- Significant experience of working on ecommerce websites or mobile applications
- Experience of managing a team within a high-pressured environment
What you will need:
- An outstanding digital portfolio showcasing your design and UX talent across web and mobile
- Brilliant communication skills, particularly in conveying and articulating design rationale and concepts
- Strong interest in latest design trends, technology and social media
- Ability to influence stakeholders at a senior level
- A team player and ability to network with all areas of the business
- Leadership, motivational and mentoring skills
You will be the creative champion and decision-maker to ensure that this client’s digital guidelines and accessibility standards are consistently adhered to on all projects.
If you are interested in this role and would like the chance to really make a difference within this brand then please apply with your updated CV and samples.