This is a unique opportunity to work for a design-focused developer and operator for a company that continues to grow their in-house design department. They are currently working on several projects, one the size of a town in Manchester as well as other smaller projects in London. Given the scope of these projects, there is an opportunity to work across multiple sectors. Having taken on a number of shared workplace projects, this practice are looking for a workplace designer to develop and deliver future projects; the role will focus on the delivery of fit-out projects up to 2m and will also include the design and development of new co-working spaces and brands.
- Be instrumental in setting the concept for a design and then seeing this through to delivery.
- Lead a team of more junior designers and collaborate with other offices when necessary.
- Directing contractors to ensure projects are finished to the required standard.
- Confidently pitching concepts internally and directly to the MD.
- The designer will have a strict understanding of budgetary considerations when designing.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in having delivered workplace design that has an innovative approach.
- A strong understanding of trends within the workplace sector and how they will inform the design process.
- A track record of having led a team of designers ensuring they adhere to a client brief.
- Technical understanding of how concepts can be delivered.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
The successful candidate will be given exposure to all stages of the design process, there is no risk of being pigeon-holed. From day one the designer will be entrusted with running a creative project with a budget, meaning you wont have to compromise on your designs.
Please ensure you send both your CV and portfolio when applying for this job.
Apply for Middleweight Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly