Are you a recently qualified architect with good industry and technical knowledge – but perhaps don’t want to go into a pure architectural role? Or perhaps a planner or experienced project manager with a passion for communication? Maybe you have just taken a career break and are looking for an exciting project to get back into the architecture world?
This 12 month contract is a unique opportunity to provide professional support and content to fellow industry professionals by managing and developing professional support programmes and services for members. You will be supporting the Head of Professional Programmes and working with the policy & public affairs & communications team as well as working with expert member groups. This role drives and influences innovation through its expertise & knowledge – must have a strong desire to educate and inspire.
- Develop and manage the delivery of pratise toolkits, guidance, events content & web content pages – this could mean blogging about architects concerns or commissioning journalist articles etc
- Working with expert advisory groups – identify outputs & projects to submit to the business planning process
- Set, monitor, and manage project budgets to optimise the value of support for members and practices
- Mange project budgets of up to 25k
- Brief, manage and monitor the work of external consultants (‘Professional Features’ writer, designers, consultants, copy editors) to ensure quality standards and brand guidelines are met.
- Oversee the delivery of weekly ‘Professional Features’, architecture.com and professional events
- Research, monitor and identify emerging issues which have an impact on the profession,
- Respond to issues and trends affecting practising architects via events, digital & social media platforms
- Facilitate & provide support for meetings and activities to engage members in the work of the company – set agenda’s minute take and facilitate debates and discussions
- Build relationships with expert members, practices, schools of architecture and industry bodies to ensure professional resources are informed and up to date.
- Attend industry events and group meetings
Skills and Experience
- Experience in subject research
- Project, time and resource management experience
- Have delivered high-quality professional content development
- Have produced high-quality written material for professional audiences
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Data management, analysis and reporting experience
- Web editing skills an advantage
- Have a sound knowledge of cultural, technical, regulatory & business aspects of architectural practice
An exciting opportunity to hone your knowledge, expand your network and help industry peers.
Apply for Resource Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly