Product Designer / Furniture Designer
This company is known for producing beautiful and highly detailed commercial furniture for the workplace and with a busy design and engineering team they are now seeking an additional designer. This individual will work closely with the sales and design team to assist with turning enquiries into concept drawings and designs that can be costed before gaining the clients approval.
The successful applicant will be responsible for detailing standard, tailored and bespoke products for customer approval and manufacture. This will involve liaising with customers, sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure all design solutions are in order, the designer will also liaise be generating CAD models, space plans, 2D drawings and concept imagery in response to their customers specific requirements.
For the right person there will be an opportunity to be involved in new product development as well.
Person / Experience Required:
- 1+ years' experience from the furniture / interiors sector
- Furniture or Product Design degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good concept design and 3D modelling abilities
- A high level of initiative and organisational ability would be expected with good interpersonal skills
- A good working knowledge of SolidWorks will be needed, with AutoCAD and 3D Studio an advantage although not essential