Our client is a leading provider of games and gifts and is looking for an Account Manager to join their fun and friendly team!
Main Responsibilities -
- To manage and grow our North American Key Accounts.
- Develop strong relationships and familiarity with the customer base, their sales history; pipeline projects and projected revenue.
- Develop sales strategy and product presentations with the PD team.
- Work with the buyer or rep to achieve retailer target margin whilst protecting margin requirement.
- Build a full understanding of cost to sell including settlement discounts, rebates, payment terms, testing etc.
- Handle any problems with orders or products.
- Develop close out strategies and sales promotions with customers.
- · Identify new customer opportunities and achieve sales with new customers and markets in line with the business strategy. · Attend and exhibit at key international trade fairs. · Understand customer manuals and online portals. · Work closely with the sales support assistant to ensure the CRM system is updated and maintained. · Work closely with PD, Logistics and accounts to ensure orders are processed correctly, delivered on time and to the correct specification. · Contribute to company strategy. · Provide sales and profit reports to MD, Sales Director, Commercial Manager and Financial Controller.
- Person Specification -
- · Competent in Microsoft Outlook and Excel. · Knowledge of the financial workings of retailers/distributors including margin analysis, rebates and mark-down. · 100% accuracy in collating and reporting numbers in a timely and meaningful manner. · Experience attending and exhibiting at trade fairs. · Good knowledge of UK and International retail gift and games market. Preferable but not essential. · Excellent communicator and team player. · 2+ years experience in a similar account management role. · A positive, enthusiastic and driven person. · Assertive with strong negotiation and numerical skills · Project management experience in a fast paced environment.