This is a unique opportunity to work for a design-focused developer and operator for a company that continues to grow their in-house design department. They are currently working on several projects, one the size of a town in Manchester as well as other smaller projects in London. Given the scope of these projects, there is an opportunity to work across multiple sectors. Having taken on a number of shared workplace projects, this practice are looking for a workplace designer to develop and deliver future projects; the role will focus on the delivery of fit-out projects up to 2m and will also include the design and development of new co-working spaces and brands.
- Be instrumental in setting the concept for a design and then seeing this through to delivery.
- Lead a team of more junior designers and collaborate with other offices when necessary.
- Directing contractors to ensure projects are finished to the required standard.
- Confidently pitching concepts internally and directly to the MD.
- The designer will have a strict understanding of budgetary considerations when designing.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in having delivered workplace design that has an innovative approach.
- A strong understanding of trends within the workplace sector and how they will inform the design process.
- A track record of having led a team of designers ensuring they adhere to a client brief.
- Technical understanding of how concepts can be delivered.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
The successful candidate will be given exposure to all stages of the design process, there is no risk of being pigeon-holed. From day one the designer will be entrusted with running a creative project with a budget, meaning you wont have to compromise on your designs.
Please ensure you send both your CV and portfolio when applying for this job.