Senior Interior Designer
James & Wallis Limited are looking for an experienced Senior Interior Designer to join its busy showroom in Beaconsfield.
The successful candidate will have experience in efficiently and successfully working from inception to completion for a minimum of 5 years to include high-end private residential projects.
As an Interior Designer, you will be responsible for carrying out property surveys, specifying appropriate furnishings, sourcing furniture, fabrics and accessories within the given lead time and budget. You will be confident in presenting your design schemes with clients in a variety of formats to illustrate your proposals to them. Clients will be mainly from the Home Counties and London.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Attending site and client meetings
- Measuring and estimating for curtains, blinds, poles and tracks
- Creation of schemes, sourcing fabrics / furniture/ lighting etc., producing presentation boards, liaising with suppliers and the client
- Producing schedules and scope of works
- Producing project quotes for the client
- Placing and confirming orders with suppliers
- Project management, including liaising with architects, contractor's trades and the client
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling) and procurement
- Able to produce mood boards
- Excellent measuring skills and technical knowledge
- Proven experience in dealing with suppliers and contractors
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual and must be numerate
- Self-motivated and good team player, able to work quickly and efficiently in an organised manner to meet deadlines
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience with VectorWorks and ACE would be an advantage as would good freehand skills
Hours will be 39.5 (including alternate Saturdays) and salary is negotiable for the right person and dependant on experience.
To apply, please send your CV outlining your salary expectations (quoting vacancy reference V03648) to firstname.lastname@example.org with relevant examples of work that demonstrate your design skills, also stating why you believe you are suitable for the position. For further information on us please visit www.jamesandwallis.co.uk