Job Title: Lead Designer @ Top Integrated Agency
The Lead Designer is expected to be Design Lead across a wide variety of design projects, across digital and print - able to lead and inspire designers whilst working collaboratively with Art Directors, Creative Directors, Motion Designers and Tech; produce design concepts and designs from scratch; and act as a brand guardian. The Lead Designer will be able to present Design work (from sketches through to high quality design) to internal stakeholders and clients alike. The Lead Designer may also line manage some junior members of the Creative department. Overall, this person must be a great designer/creative, who has a passion for their field.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Display best-in-class design skills and exceptional craft across digital, print, typography, illustration, conceptual design and branding.
- Inspire and motivate designers and wider project teams both in day-to-day tasks and best practice and innovation
- Present creative work to clients and the relevant agency departments
- Oversee the work produced by Designers and Studio ensuring accuracy and creative flair of the output
- Act as a brand guardian for specific some of the agencies key clients and maintain knowledge of all updates to these brands
- Ensure current client work is kept 'on brand', with the ability to 'evolve' the brand where necessary and understand the limitations of doing so
- Develop multiple design routes for any job working within the provisions of the creative brief
- Be able to estimate timings and suggest appropriate responses to briefs
- Manage the career progression of members of the team through appraisal feedback meetings and deliver praise or discipline where it is required
- Interview and recruit new team members with the involvement of the HR department
- Ensure that work is completed within time and budget
- Support or organise activities such as award entries, staff training, team building etc
- Proactively contribute, or otherwise assist where required
The job description reflects the core activities of the role although there will be changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
Specific skills / experience required:
- Best-in-class all-round design skills across digital and print
- Proven experience of developing first class design concepts for Blue chip clients and executing them to an exceptional standard.
- Proven ability to create high quality key visuals and illustrations while originating your own design assets.
- Proven ability to lead design from the outset, and to inspire and art direct others
- Able to balance great design with meeting deadlines
- Extensive experience in digital design for use across multiple devices
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe CC suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Motion graphics skills a bonus (After Effects, Photoshop animation)
- 3D skills a bonus - for still images, visualisation (products, displays, environments), or animation. Cinema4D is our preferred package.
- Shopper marketing experience a bonus
- Likely to be educated to degree level in graphic design, interaction design, fine arts, or a related design discipline or equivalent industry experience