We are looking for a talented Lead Designer to join a thriving creative agency in London.
This role will be predominantly focusing on one of their key accounts - a large fashion retailer & it's sub brands. Alongside the above, you will have the opportunity to work on briefs across the agencies entire client portfolio as well as new business.
We're looking for someone with a strong level of experience, the confidence and weight behind them to take design jobs autonomously from start to approved visual.
You should have at least 6 years' experience in editorial design, brand communications and some Art Direction with a strong portfolio to match.
A heavy focus and passion for design within the fashion and lifestyle sector is key.
Retail and shopper design experience beneficial, but not essential.
You must have the ability to work to tight deadlines and not mind getting stuck in to every brief.
You should have experience in managing a small team or be able to demonstrate leadership skills in a previous role.
The work is extremely varied - from editorial design to campaign development - so the ability to tackle different types of jobs with equal amounts of enthusiasm and skill is essential. But above everything else, you will have a positive 'can-do' attitude.
As a Lead designer, you are expected to be able to:
- Work with minimal supervision, reporting into Head of Creative
- Work closely and collaboratively with Head of Creative, the design and copy team, traffic, producers, strategists and account handlers
- Demonstrate initiative in responding to briefs, bringing ideas to life with an enthusiastic and proactive approach
- Manage, direct and mentor the members of the creative team using your experience and skills and knowledge, inspiring great work
- Produce your own high quality work and create outstanding design solutions
- Take the design lead on campaigns and projects, confidently presenting to other creatives, account handlers, Head of Creative and sometimes to clients
- Working with traffic to ensure that the right resource and talents are available
- Manage the pressure of tight deadlines and busy schedules, working on multiple projects simultaneously as required
- Take responsibility for your work and be able to prioritise projects in an organised manner, managing expectations across teams
- Be an expert in Adobe Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and have a decent knowledge of other applications such as PowerPoint and Keynote