Studio/Operations Manager for Creative Furniture Manufacturer
A well established furniture designer and manufacturer are seeking a Studio Manager to join their growing and friendly team. They create carefully measured, quality products using materials and craftsmanship in collaboration with leading architects, interior designers, dealers and end clients internationally. They have a hands on approach and strong company ethos of never compromising on quality of product and utilising a sense of playfulness and attention to detail expressed in their work. They consider sustainability from the very beginning of projects and hold extreme passion about making and achieving the best results!
The studio is experiencing a great period of growth and are looking for a hands on Studio Manager who can become a vital member of the team and be the ‘go to’ person in the studio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and stay on top of the day to day running of the studio
- Basic bookkeeping and support to the financial controller.
- Manage front of house duties and acting as a senior point of contact for the studio – answering and filtering calls, liaising with clients and suppliers, welcoming visitors
- Ensuring health and safety, fire and first aid in the studio
- Maintenance of the database, mail outs and correspondence for the studio
- PA duties to the directors involving handling emails, calendar management, organising and booking all travel itineraries and minute taking
- Support to the designers in providing guidance on tracking times of projects and document management.
- Maintaining the atmosphere and holistic running of the studio and being a key motivator in team morale.
The ideal candidate:
The Studio Manager will have a passion for sustainable, creative product and a personal interest in the design industry. You will have excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and be a strong communicator both internally & externally. You will be a fantastic team player, with high energy and enthusiasm to working with designers and creatives. The ideal candidate will be forward thinking and desire to be part of a small business that is growing.