Senior Industrial Designer - for Global Sports Brand
5 days left
- Job Functions
Senior Industrial Designer / Nottingham / £40k-£45k+ (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Product design, Industrial Design, Consumer Products, Sport, Apparel, Footwear, Outdoor, Solidworks, Rhino, Sketching.
A globally renowned, and industry leading brand that manufacturer and distribute innovative and cutting-edge products within the sport and leisure industry are looking for a highly talented and passionate Industrial designer to join their growing team in Nottingham. This is a super exciting and career defining opportunity to join a market leading brand which will have you exposed to the latest techniques, technologies and materials. It will have you working within a dedicated team of experts at the top of their game and renowned around the world for their achievements within their field.
THE SENIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGN ROLE
- Execute design creation of all Active Industrial product, delivering compelling solutions that are desirable to consumers and in line with brands DNA and brands strategies.
- Conceptualise and deliver industrial designs against Brand seasonal creative direction and product briefs, whilst maintaining Brand DNA, VBL and branding guidelines.
- Ensure that seasonal deadlines are met, and critical paths protected.
- Support and influence the Creative Lead in the development of creative direction.
- Support the design creation of complex, technical or strategically important NPD / Innovation initiatives, working closely with Creative Leads and Innovation Leads.
- Deliver consumer focused design solutions achieving consumer and commercial targets as set on the product design briefs.
- Ensure outputs have a coherent offer to seamlessly merchandise with other product categories, combining desirable aesthetics with credible performance / technical needs.
- Inspire the industrial design team to push creative boundaries.
- Present at design and development reviews to ensure overall design intent is retained throughout the development process to final sign-off.
- Deliver outputs in a clear, concise and articulate format, with detailed information as required.
- Actively research the market, looking further than immediate scope of work and produce detailed reports for wider design and product teams.
- A clear vision of how to constantly improve brand desirability
ABOUT THE SENIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
- Educated to degree level in Industrial Design/Product Design.
- Proven track record of delivering successful considered and desirable industrial design solutions.
- The ability to articulate design solutions with clarity and conviction, both verbally and visually.
- Excellent understanding of design thinking and how it can drive value to the business.
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping, and 3D modelling
- Proficient in Rhinoceros 4.0 and Solid works, Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, plus excellent freehand drawing and rendering skills.
- Strong understanding and consideration of hard goods manufacturing processes and limitations - tooling, materials, finishes, construction, assembly.
- Proven ability to work within a critical path and meet deadlines, managing time efficiently to achieve completion of a professional standard of work
- Very organised, structured and comfortable working with a minimum of supervision towards meeting short-term and long-term objectives.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to travel and spend time away from home
Apply for Senior Industrial Designer - for Global Sports Brand
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly