Graduate Product Designer
This fast growing designer and manufacturer of domestic lighting is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual with infectious creativity who displays real passion and pride in all aspects of their work.
You will be working on the low to mid-priced products for the retail clients that are manufactured in China and have a fast turnaround on design. This will involve following clients briefs and identifying and creating new lighting products, producing the CAD drawings to send to the factory, obtaining samples, making any amendments required and seeing it through to production and delivery.
This is an ideal role for someone just starting out in industry and offers plenty of room for progression.
Person / Experience Required:
- A recent graduate in Industrial Design or Product Design
- Work placement experience in a manufacturing environment would be ideal
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D design software. They use Fusion 360, SolidWorks, Creo, SiemensNx, Rhino and 3DSMax
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A bright, enthusiastic and hard-working attitude
- A strong team player able to take both direction and advice
Your portfolio should show sketch work and concept generation, not just completed renders and images of products designed