C++ Software Engineer
C++ Software Engineer - London - £55,000 - Software Engineering, Firmware, Micro control, TCIP, Digital, Agile, Mobile, Applications, C++, IOT, Start up, - London - C++ Software Engineer - London - £55,000 - Software Engineering, Firmware, Micro control, TCIP, Digital, Agile, Mobile, Applications, C++, IOT, Start up, - London - C++ Software Engineer.
My client is a cutting-edge tech start-up. They are developing an IOT product that will positively impact the insurance Tech industry.
They are looking to hire an experienced C++ Software Engineer to take responsibility for the delivery of firmware within low cost IoT devices.
You'll be reporting to the Senior Firmware Engineer and will be working very closely with the wider business and various development teams.
You will be accountable for:
- 'hands-on' real time embedded software development within a commercial R & D company.
- developing embedded firmware in C and C++ based devices for industrial MCUs
- designing firmware for use in low cost consumer devices
- working closely with hardware, electronic and platform engineering teams on the system design and integrate of firmware and hardware components
- Analysing HW issues from a SW point of view and find appropriate workarounds if necessary.
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Has passion for IoT, gadgets and technology
- Has experience in the design of firmware to work in a power constrained environments
- Experience working with either STM32 processors or Espressif Wi-Fi module (ESP12)
- Open for developing in different platforms simultaneously this includes environments like Arduino.
- Is a team player and supports with company goals and strategies
- Can analyse options and make recommendations for device solutions that balance resources, constraints, requirements, and complexity
- Is experienced with internet or IoT protocols. Very good understanding of Most of standard communication protocols especially UART, I2C, SPI and TCP/IP.
- Understands Power Management and power saving MCUs and its application to event driven systems.
- Constructive challenge and influencing skills
- Ability to operate in a highly collaborative manner across multiple stakeholders
- Target oriented and self-motivated with an ambition to exceed targets and expectations
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent experience
- Relevant professional accreditation
This is a perm role based in central London