Due to an ever-expanding range of projects, this award-winning, architectural practice is seeking an experienced and technically orientated Architect to join their professional and dynamic team in London. You will be working directly with the Project Director and project team to develop, manage and control the design and construction of a variety of projects within the high end residential sector.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- To deliver projects from RIBA Stage 3, post-planning, working with contractors, developers, and in partnership with concept architects.
- Optimisation of the design to add value and safeguard the concept architect's design intent
- Auditing and development of a project to ensure compliance with design standards and planning obligations.
- Leading the consultant team to develop the technical design and deliver production information suitable to build from
- Participation in the procurement and construction process, with particular expertise in Design and Build construction management and traditional contracts
Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- An understanding of the design process and ability to manage/deliver this from concept to completion
- Ability to translate concept into detail design and understand how to identify and design key details
- Flexibility and openness of approach and willingness to work as a team player
- Ability to demonstrate technical expertise for project demands
- Proven ability to ensure consistency and accuracy
- An understanding how to detail for compliance requirements e.g. building regulations
- Working knowledge of UK Building Systems, Regulations and construction types
- Working knowledge of town planning procedures
- High level of CAD skills, Revit is Essential
- Ability to use NBS Building and NBS Create efficiently
- Highly computer literate, skilled in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite applications
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbally and visually using software and hand drawing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work within a team effectively and deliver tight deadlines on time and on budget
- Ability to liaise with other disciplines/team members
Qualifications and Experience
- RIBA, ARB or equivalent registered Architect with experience of working within the UK Building Regulations
- Proven experience of working on large scale, high end residential projects at RIBA Stage 3.
- Experience of working directly with the client, contractor and design team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organised and efficient with attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Flexible approach to work
- Strong team player who can work in a multi-disciplinary team
If you're interested in this position or you would like to discuss similar roles, apply now!
Tel: 0203 680 0640
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.