Mid-Senior Wayfinding Designer and Consultant
It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s… you?
We need a creative Mid-Senior Wayfinding Designer and Consultant to join our team. You’ll be coming into a small consultancy of multi-disciplinary skills. Along with wayfinding designers, we have human factors specialists, ergonomists, psychologists and design researchers. What underpins everything we do is people: understanding the why and designing to give people better experiences, journeys and interactions.
We work in a wide range of sectors and you'll be prepared to work in any or many of them, but experience in the transport or cultural sectors would be beneficial. We don’t put our designers into silos so be prepared to work at all stages of our design projects.
What we need from you:
- You believe that understanding users means we can design things better, and have no problems championing this cause to clients when challenged.
- You are creative and can bring new ideas to the table.
- You’ll have experience with research methods such as workshops, interviews and observations.
- An all-rounder with experience in the full project cycle: from research, strategy, and design to implementation.
- We see you as having at least 4 years’ experience, ideally in wayfinding design. We’d be interested in people with skills in communication design or environmental & graphic design, but you’d have to demonstrate your skills applicable to wayfinding with project examples.
- You’ve had some experience incorporating digital solutions alongside traditional systems.
- You can talk in an engaging and compelling way with clients, can build positive client relationships and spot project opportunities.
- You can juggle. At times, you’ll need to liaise with suppliers, clients, stakeholders all whilst producing great design.
- Get involved! We want someone who will throw themselves into being part of CCD; with the day-to-day work of the studio, fostering and sharing of ideas, and helping us develop as a team.
Fluent in Adobe Suite, particularly Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator
AutoCad and Sketch Up would be useful, but not essential
A creative degree in Product, Graphics or Information design would be preferable
We're a tight-knit team of around 20 people who like to have fun whilst being passionate about the work we do. We value team members that bring creativity and drive.
CCD prides itself on understanding of behaviour and using this to inform the way we design. Our focus is on empathy with all users and ensuring that better design delivers their needs. To work at CCD, you have to hold this belief and be prepared to voice it in challenging project situations.
No agency enquiries.
We'd love it if you can apply by June 1st.