Our London based client who specialize in healthcare communications are looking to add to their design team and are on the lookout for an experienced and highly talented Digital creative to join them!
You will be expected to create wireframes and sitemaps (with input from the Head of UI where necessary)
From these you will create design layouts (a mix of origination and adaption) working with the Account Team, the Creative Director, the studio and the Head of UI. You will bring originality and advice to each project but take ownership of the layout and production of projects as required. Ownership will vary between projects.
You will also be expected to support the Head of UI to brief the internal development team or external development companies. You should also be capable of creating handover technical documentation for the development teams.
You will also be working with internal and external digital development teams to ensure final production delivers a well-designed, high quality product.
- Create wireframes and sitemaps with rationales
- Create layouts for digital based projects (anything from banner ads – basic & advanced html5, responsive web layouts, email campaigns, eDetail Aids and iPad apps) and create visual assets for coding
- To be involved in application testing and content integration when required
- Liaise with client on specific projects as and when required
- Collaboratively liaise with Account Handlers, Creative Teams and Development Teams on projects
- Ensure that projects are created in a way that is unique and memorable, producing creative designs and movements that stand out
- Create handover/technical documentation for Development teams
- Actively participate in brainstorm sessions and workshops
- Be proactive with workload and liaise with Traffic manager (and where appropriate Head of UI) for project priorities
- Build a good understanding of current industry best practice
- Once project has commenced make sure that it is kept within brief and within budget
- Maintain filing systems on server to required standards
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the progress of projects are tracked / documented so that, if necessary, other members of the team can take them over if the need arises
- Have a positive and proactive attitude towards project work
- Other ad hoc tasks as and when required
- Must have the proven ability to take a job through from briefing to final delivery
- Must be able to brief people thoroughly when required
- Proven digital design experience working within a studio environment on a range of small to large digital products (responsive websites and Apps).
A basic level of:
- Digital design in a healthcare regulated environment
- Experience in prototyping (e.g. InVision)
- Digital usability and interface design theory
- User testing experience
- Content best practice (Collaborating with copywriter and/or science writer for online content, especially web)
- Experience in participating in standard project methodologies and using project tools such as DoneDone, Ganttic, ScrumDo and similar
Experience of working on digital animation
Technical Skills Required:
- Sketch/Omnigraffle or similar wireframing program – creating sitemaps, full initial UI concepts and refinement of UI
- Adobe Photoshop – creating original layouts and assets
- Adobe Illustrator – adjusting supplied artwork assets
- W3C standards – to know when we’re breaking standards
- Good understanding of html / html5 and CSS2/3 coding – to be able to work alongside development teams and be sure we can implement what you design
- Adobe InDesign (CC2018) – to be able to handle content from non-digital teams and our clients
- Prototyping/testing of digital designs – Occasional testing of initial concepts through to regular QA testing of final delivery of digital products