This company develop and manufacture one-off decorative lighting features and customised electrical products. They work with world leading interior and lighting design companies producing memorable bespoke features alongside their core customisable products.
They are currently looking for a Product Designer with strong technical skills to join and lead their design team in the management, design and development of both their products and one-off installations. This will include producing concept drawings, liaising with clients and manufacturers and seeing the project through to delivery / installation.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a creative working environment, in a role that offers an individual the chance to develop his or her own skills. They welcome candidates who combine creative thinking with technical precision and common sense methods.
Person / Experience Required:
- A degree in Industrial Design, Product Design or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years' working experience in a design and manufacturing role
- Creative flair with a keen eye for quality and design with great attention to detail
- Able to communicate well to a wider team including manufacturers and clients
- The ability to lead and direct the design team
- An interest in materials and manufacturing processes as well as a logical and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Proven experience with SolidWorks and Adobe CS
- Experience of the full design to manufacture process, manufacturing techniques and materials
- The ability to produce prototypes in their workshop will be an advantage
A summary of the key requirements are; product design capabilities, preferably with some electrical experience; project management and knowledge of the manufacturing process using various materials.