Junior Retail Designer
This is an opportunity for a junior designer to join a leading studio and to work on extraordinary projects. The studio pride themselves on working on the most interactive spaces. The studio’s ethos is to stay true to a brand's identity whilst innovating; presenting something to their client and the public that is otherwise unseen. Projects are across both retail and exhibition design and are always completed to the highest of standards.
- Assisting the project lead and director at all stages of the design process.
- Contributing to the concept development of a project and supporting this with sketching and imagery.
- Being conscious of budgetary restrictions when designing.
- Tweaking existing information (plans/drawings/visuals).
- Going out sourcing materials throughout London.
- Compiling mood and concept boards.
- Speaking/meeting with various suppliers, manufacturers, tradespeople to understand their product, costs, obtaining samples, swatches, etc.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable passion for interior design and architecture is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate at all levels in a variety of settings including a corporate environment and construction environments.
- The successful candidate must be technically minded with a positive can-do attitude.
- The individual must be highly organised, adaptable and flexible with the ability to use own initiative.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and be committed to completing tasks and following through.
- Must be a team player and be able to work well with the assigned team,
- Experience in having worked in Vectorworks is essential with Cinema 4D preferred.
The successful candidate will be given the chance to grow in the studio. They want to give their designers to the room to pursue their own development. Demonstrable experience of professional work is required.