Furniture Designer / Product Designer
This British furniture and home accessories retailer with a number of stores nationwide and an online website source their luxury pieces with an eye for beauty, comfort and unique style.
They are currently seeking a product / furniture designer to work with the creative directors in the design studio based at their Head Office just south of Oxford. The individual will work on a variety of creative and artistic ideas for their whole range both current and new. The role requires someone to think creatively but be able to design and translate technically with the aid of CAD software and the Adobe CS suite. Tasks usually include: sketching initial design ideas; making samples or working models by hand; researching materials, processes or market requirements and travelling to companys production facilities, occasionally abroad.
Person / Experience Required:
- Degree in Furniture Design, Product Design or 3D Design
- A logical and pragmatic approach to problem solving and designing functional solutions
- Knowledge of mechanics, joinery, machine cutting, material finishes along with at least 3 years' industry experience in a workshop scenario or a mixed technical / creative role
- Knowledge of 2D & 3D routing CAD software
- Proficient in 2D/3D CAD and rendering packages such as Rhinoceros and AutoCAD
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Able to work in a fast-paced design / production practice
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal, sketch and presentation
- Ideally an all-round general knowledge for product development of plastics, metals, resins and woodwork
If successful, you will be part of a fast-paced and successful business. In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including quarterly bonus based on performance, staff discount, pension scheme and continuous personal development.