Digital Content Officer (6-month FTC)
Digital Content Officer
(Please note this is a 6-month fixed-term contract, and there may be the opportunity to stay permanently after.)
Our client, a highly reputable children's charity based in the heart of Shoreditch, are seeking an experienced digital editor/content producer to join the Digital Engagement Team to help plan, deliver, and optimise a variety of campaigns and content for websites, digital assets and apps!
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, and working closely with the rest of the digital engagement team, you will ensure all content remains relevant, up to date and accessible as well as supporting digital activities for major campaigns and products. We are looking for someone who can help enhance the charity’s digital presence for adult and child audiences, combining first-class editorial skills with experience in search optimisation and managing digital marketing campaigns.
- Create engaging and compelling online content (images, copy, video, etc.) for the website and other digital channels for a variety of audiences from source information or campaign/message briefs.
- Ensure all content is of high editorial quality, consistent with brand and style guidelines, accessible for online users, optimised for search engines and provides consistent user experience.
- To plan, monitor and optimise digital campaigns completing analysis to ensure campaign is always performing at its best. This will include Search, social, email and display activity.
- To support the Digital Marketing Manager in delivering the content strategy and editorial plans within the wider digital strategy and charitable objectives.
- Liaising, advising and training stakeholders on best practice for writing effective copy, making content accessible for online users, and optimized for user behaviour.
- Develop keyword research and website analytics to review, test and improve performance of content and user journeys.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience of producing and editing high-quality content for online publication from source information or campaign/message briefs, quickly and accurately.
- Experience of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and accessibility standards and experience of optimising content (i.e. copy, keywords and metadata) to improve search rankings.
- Experience of researching/commissioning content from expert sources and editing for style/tone/suitability for online audience.
- Strong understanding of information architecture and UX, with proven experience in structuring content into sections of websites and recommending site maps to ensure intuitive navigation throughout the site.
- Experience of using a content management system and some technical understanding of their abilities and limitations; working knowledge of HTML and understanding of CSS; experience of using Google Analytics or other web analytic tools, and editing software Photoshop.
- Understanding of how to craft effective messaging for social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.), YouTube and email and the importance of using clear, consistent communication throughout online channels.
If you want the opportunity to work on a variety of rewarding and engaging content for the UK’s leading children’s charity, then send your CV in NOW for immediate consideration and interview.
Apply for Digital Content Officer (6-month FTC)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly