This award-winning organisation offer a wide range of market focused and design-led products for the building and construction sectors and underpinned by this ethos of innovative design, they are continuously evolving its product range and breaking new ground with its acclaimed, industry-leading concepts.
Based in Oxfordshire, they are a value based company, believing strongly in their staff and their well-being, with full involvement and unity in the companys growth and development.
They are currently recruiting for the following two roles:
1. Technical Specification Designer:
Working on incoming customer enquiries, this role will be predominantly to undertake the design and development of feasible bespoke solutions to customer specifications, producing high quality visuals and drawings. This includes: liaising with supply chain and other suppliers and manufacturers to develop a wide range of bespoke technical solutions; undertaking simulations, thermal calculations and prototyping and attending site meetings with architects and contractors.
2. Bespoke Design Engineer:
Working on bespoke orders to undertake the design, development and detailing of feasible solutions, and their associated products, for manufacture to customer specifications providing a high level of technical advice / project support to internal and external customers. This includes: working closely with the customer and internal departments in establishing the feasibility and realisation of product design specifications; undertaking simulations, thermal calculations and prototyping and producing fully detailed 3D models for manufacturing purposes.
Person / Experience required:
- Degree qualified in Product Design or Industrial Design, or similar discipline
- 3+ years experience working full-time within a design environment for a technical/specialist products company
- Experience using 3D CAD software (SolidWorks or similar)
- Experience and understanding of sheet metal fabrication and its impact on design would be beneficial
- Have a solution based approach with excellent problem solving skills, and be confident thinking outside the box
- Excellent time management and organisation skills for the successful completion of projects
- Good sketching skills would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to identify customers needs and understand technical information
- Driving licence with own transport is desirable