Senior Workplace Interior Designer
Senior Workplace Interior Designer | Permanent | London | £45,000-£55,000/annum
A well-established award winning architectural practice are seeking an experienced Workplace Interior Designer to join their London based Interiors team.
This person will contribute to the development of the Interiors business and have strong design and technical ability and proven management skills running large scale projects.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- An understanding of the design process and ability to manage/deliver this from concept to completion;
- Highly creative, ability to produce concepts, presentations and present with confidence;
- Ability to ensure the Design ethos and vision of the business is communicated and demonstrated throughout project work.
- Flexibility and openness of approach and willingness to work as a team player; Delivery
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth technical competency for project demands;
- Ability to provide creative solutions whilst ensuring technical requirements are met;
- Ability to produce Auto CAD drawings at all stages of a project.
- Consistency and Accuracy;
- Commitment to implementing the clients Management Systems (SB-MS);
- Knowledge of FF&E.
- Ability to build productive client relationships and demonstrates clear understanding of client and organisation;
- Ability to demonstrate value through client service;
- Ability to ensure effective project control;
- Ability to manage complex projects; Skills
- High level of AutoCAD skills; Revit desirable
- Ability to use NBS Building and NBS Create efficiently;
- Highly computer literate, skilled in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite applications;
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbally and visually using software and hand drawing skills;
- Excellent communication skills; Management
- Ability to manage resources and people effectively and efficiently;
- Ability to work within a team effectively and delivering tight deadlines on time and on budget;
- Ability to manage large scale fit out projects;
- Ability to assist with managing performance in the team;
- Ability to cope with change e.g. to brief, programme or role
- Ability to manage the client relationship on multiple projects.
- Ability to manage demanding, challenging situations / clients
- Project Co-ordination;
- Contributes towards winning work from new and existing clients;
- Supports business objectives and provides positive contribution;
- Proven detailed knowledge of the commercial interiors sector, markets and clients (residential and/or hospitality sectors would be an advantage)
- Proactively supports commercial opportunities within the division; Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Interior Design;
- Proven experience of leading the design of high quality interiors projects;
- Experience of working within commercial offices (residential and/or hospitality sectors experience would be an advantage)
- Experience with brief taking;
- Experience of working directly with the client, contractor and design team;
- Experience coordinating with M&E and other consultants work;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organised and efficient with attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Flexible approach to work
- Clear thinker
- Strong team player who can work in a multi-disciplinary team