Design Estimator - Lighting and Furniture
This British based furniture and lighting design company has its own workshop with highly skilled craftspeople who work in a variety of disciplines including bronze sculpting and forged metalwork. Along with selling to high net worth individuals they partner with interior designers, architects and other luxury retail companies, creating unique lighting and furniture.
They are currently recruiting for a Design Estimator who will be responsible for raising quotations for the purpose of pricing up unique items custom made in-house in their North London atelier workshops.
You will need to collect and analyse data in order to estimate the time and materials required to manufacture a product. Responsible for issuing quotations to the Sales Team you will work closely with the company Creative Director with an emphasis on retaining the integrity, quality and exclusivity of company designs. As the Design Estimator you will need to ensure clear instruction for feasible manufacturing processes and accurate purchasing information is conveyed to enable made-to-order pieces are produced within specification according to budgeted costs.
Person / Experience Required:
- Experience to include estimating / costing and design within manufacturing of interior products for the luxury goods design sector
- Ideally 5 years plus experience
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, and costs
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, Excel (intermediate to advanced level)
- Analytical, problem solving and time management skills
- Fluent spoken and written English, with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to write detailed reports and a strong ability in mathematics is essential
- Flexible with a can-do positive attitude