Senior Digital/UI Designer
One of the top online payment companies in Central/ East London is looking for a talented Senior Digital Designer to join their growing inhouse Brand Design Team. You will be a vital part of this creative team as you will be helping to develop the company’s new rebrand and ideation across their marketing and communication projects. You will be responsible for producing engaging designs in line with their brand requirements across a variety of mainly digital outputs and a very small amount of print material.
- You will engage with the Group Creative Director to brainstorm, sketch, verbalise and bring to life, your ideas and strategic direction. You will proactively drive creative delivery on your projects and across the studio, aiding in the overall creative output.
- You will have strong presentation skills, including the ability to explain and substantiate design direction, with both the project boundaries and challenges in mind.
- Create world class, innovative designs, bringing digital, motion and print to life
- Execute all design stages from conceptualising, visual design, prototyping to final delivery
- Be a brand champion, adept at working across multiple projects and helping to lead creative output
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Be up to date with the latest design and UI trends, techniques and technologies
- Guide, coach and oversee the work of the design team
- Engage with the design, stakeholders and cross-functional global teams on a strategic level to verbalise ideas
- Support the brand design team in providing end-to-end in-house creative design solutions
- Ensure the best creative output is possible and designs are on brand
Skills & Experience:
- 5 - 7+ years of related experience either agency or client side will be needed, however previous experience working within the Financial/ FinTech sector would be ideal.
- Proven UI experience is a must and being responsible for delivering highly engaging visuals, innovative and strategic ideas
- A keen interest in and excellent understanding of branding, including creating and extending brand identity systems
- You are curious and keen to explore ways in which design can inform and inspire. You will have a folio that demonstrates great digital, visual design and typography with high attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- Be able to solve complex problems and know how to explain design concepts and the decisions behind your work
- Have extensive knowledge of web design, user experience and user interface
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, user flows and site maps
- Strong understanding of graphic design, branding, marketing communications as well as emerging practices and design methodologies
- Previous experience managing and coaching a design team
- Experience working across multiple projects helping to drive and lead strategically led creative work
- Excellent Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Experienced in and comfortable delivering across digital, motion and print design
- Highly motivated, ability to plan, work and manage your own time with a high degree of independence and autonomy
- Superb attention to detail, can produce documents to a professional standard
- Pixel perfect, creative thinker and problem solver
- Master of Sketch and Adobe CS; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Prototyping tools; Axure, Invision, Flinto
- Microsoft Office and Keynote
- Experience in motion design, specifically After Effects
- Knowledge of HTML / CSS a bonus
If you’re an experienced Digital Designer (who has ideally come from a print background) and has a diverse portfolio, a passion for design and creating high-quality, polished work then we would love to hear from you. Please apply ASAP with your CV and samples.