This company produces furniture of an exceptionally high standard in a very broad variety of materials for ultra-prime residential and superyacht projects.
They meticulously design every technicality of each piece of furniture and orchestrate the entire process to arrive at the completed item. They are regularly commissioned to create items of furniture with a specialist finish and unique features which can involve many different suppliers, each expert in their specific fields.
They are currently seeking an experienced draughtsperson to work with the Technical Design Manager to define the best methods to use in the creation of individual items, using hand sketches; 2D and 3D CAD software in the process, prior to turning the designs into a set of engineering drawings for manufacture. The role also involves preparing bills of materials to be sourced and ordered and occasionally working hands-on to assemble furniture parts within their carpeted studios for client meetings or photography.
Person / Experience Required:
- A good working knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD software
- Excellent knowledge of bespoke furniture making and construction
- Ability to plan and schedule your own work to meet project requirements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-working skills
- Valid passport, clean UK driving licence and own car
- Making experience at a luxury level would be advantageous as would having a working knowledge of Rhino
- The ability to work to budgets and taking site-surveys would also be useful