My client is a global brand and marketing agency made up of over 300 people spread across London, NYC, San Francisco and Hong Kong to name a few. They now seek a Design Director to head up a team of 10 designers based in London.
Working without an account management team the role gives great opportunity to have direct contact with clients in an environment reflective of a smaller agency. As well as strong managerial and problem solving skills you must excel in at least one other area be it concept development, user centred design or visual system development. You will need a fluency in 'Brand' as you will be working beyond the design team, at times, with strategists, insights specialists and partners. The ability to hold your own in strategy conversations is a must as well as seven years industry experience.
Working a Design Director you will:
* Head up and manage the design team
* Providing direction for contractors
* Communicate with clients
* Present work to both client and internal stakeholders
* Be a source of problem solving
* Have brilliant ideas that can initiate projects
* keep projects on track and bring them to life
Skills and Experience
* Have a minimum of seven years experience, of which some time was spent in top agencies/consultancies or a studio outfit.
* Evidence natural talent for design and ability to craft visual identities.
* Have experience working on large, long running projects
* Be able to prove you are a good team player as well as team leader
* Be comfortable being the client contact
* Experience presenting work to both client and internal stakeholders
* Know how to take a job forward to print
* Have lead 'digital first' type projects.
* Audio-visual experience including scripting, storyboarding identity presentations and brand story films.