Product Designer / Design Engineer
As one of the leading specialists in the design and manufacture of auditorium and concourse seating, this company work closely with their clients architects to adapt existing seat designs or develop completely new seat designs. They also have a range of their own standard stacking chairs.
They are currently seeking an experienced Design Engineer with a wide skill set who is able to work within a small multi-tasking environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing prototypes
- The design of new furniture and mechanisms (e.g. tipping systems)
- Adapting existing designs to suit the particular requirements of a new client
- Working with clients' architects, preparing optimised layouts of seats to meet legal, ergonomic and functional requirements
- Interaction with manufacturers, suppliers and sub-contractors
Summary of Requirements:
- 2+ years experience in design and production engineering
- Practical workshop and good problem solving skills
- Commercially aware and with experience creating Bills of Materials
- A practical knowledge of welding, steel work and fixings
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Creative with a passion for design blended with engineering rigour and attention to detail