Digital Illustrator & Designer
A bit about what we're after…
My client are looking for a super-talented Artist / Designer, who can deliver beautiful creative illustration and digital design.
My client are after a Photoshop and Illustrator master, someone that has a deep understanding of both at the highest level and your portfolio needs to demonstrate it. Every piece of work in your portfolio needs to look like a pixel perfect, beautifully composed piece of digital art.
In some cases you will be creating designs from scratch and in some cases you will need to work with ready-made assets of various styles. Expert understanding of lightning techniques, compositing and retouching/paint-over are also a must.
You'll be working on multiple projects at the same time, both static and video.
The agency is an 11-year-old creative agency filled with digital natives and analog enthusiasts who combine to make beautiful bits and bytes. Like every 11-year-old, they're a little cheeky, brimming with a certain kind of twisted genius, and care deeply about the things they love. Lucky for you, that's smart, expertly crafted digital content created at the speed of social.
With a passion for the unconventional and a no-fuss attitude, they take pride in delivering amazing results for amazing clients.
- Design - You need to be a great designer. Might sound obvious but ability to design needs to be your strongest point and your portfolio needs to demonstrate that.
- Creativity - We're not after just an artworker. We need you to come up with compelling and innovative ideas which will improve the project at hand and often you will need to use your own initiative before the creative director gets involved. We need someone that can think and do - and be a champion at both.
- Animation - You don't need to be an animator per se, but you will need to know how whatever you're creating should move and shake. If you are a good animator then that's a significant bonus.
- Experience - 5+ years experience.
And the following traits and capabilities are a must:
- Master level Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Expert retouching and post processing skills
- Highly organised and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to export assets for Motion Graphics
- Strong understanding of motion design
Nice to have:
- 3D Lightning
- AfterFX experience
- 3D Software experience (Maya, 3DS Max or Cinema4D)
- Texture Creation