3D Design Director/Head of 3D Design
George P Johnson is on the hunt for a 3D Design Director/Head of 3D Design to join our thriving, award-winning creative events agency.
This is a key role within our creative department, which exists at a key time for our agency. The role is based at our stunning new Waterloo office site, with the opportunity to travel and to help drive and shape creativity within the 3D and motion realms, and to build a 3D design team that is second to none.
You'll have gravitas as a strong leader, and you'll ensure the agency's output is at its best across all of its creative offerings. You'll be the central link between the creative and digital departments, driving creative innovation.
The role's absolute requirements:
- To manage resource and additional support with the help of the ECD and Creative Studio Manager
- Building and managing team of talented and inspiring people
- Working with other department heads to ensure smooth running of the department
- Developing processes in the department and championing those across the business
- Managing workflow, briefing and managing designers
- Presenting work to the business and clients
- Building lines of communication with the production department to ensure smooth running of projects
- Ensuring consistency of work and making sure all work is to a standard expected of GPJ
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers to ensure we are collaboratively working
- Demonstrating the true impact of 3D, VR and digital elements to clients and internally
Skills to bring to the table at GPJ:
- A strong portfolio of 3D, VR and motion graphics work demonstrating breadth of experience and skills
- Knowledge of different visualisation/rendering and motion graphics packages and techniques
- The ability to think and articulate in mixed media (graphic+3d, film, digital)
- Strong management skills with the ability to work in a demanding and changing environment
- Awesome communication skills
- The ability to perform comfortably with authority and flair in pitches
- In-depth knowledge of industry trends
- The ability to work across multiple large-scale events at any given time alongside smaller experiential activations
- A genuine interest in design and creativity outside of work too
- Solid organisational skills
- Constant strive for producing best in class work
If you have the experience above and are interested to explore this role please let us know why by emailing email@example.com with your CV/portfolio.