Our client is a leading activation agency based in East London with a great reputation. They are now looking for a full time artworker to join their team.
As artworker it's your role to call upon your training, work experience and passion to produce consistently excellent artwork for the agency. You'll work on a range of things across a number of media. You'll have the experience and self-assurance to articulate and discuss your work with colleagues across the agency and be confident in running a project autonomously when required. By now in your career you have developed a confident eye for detail. You have come to understand the nature and demands of deadline driven work and have the flexibility and maturity to work as and when needs be. You will keep an eye on broader developments in the design industry, bringing your passion and knowledge to bear at every stage of your work. You should be obsessive about your work and aspire to produce the level of work that is recognised as being great both by the agency's clients and by the world at large. In return for your hard work and dedication, they'll give you the support and training you need to continue progressing your career, as well as access to some of the most talented people in the business.
2 Key Responsibilities
2.1 Produce outstanding artwork
· Mac visuals and final artwork in response to design briefs, direction from more senior creatives or progressing scamps
· Flexibility to artwork across a range of different media
· Value-added contributions to work you are creating and delivering
You should be happy taking direction from more senior creatives and keen to learn the insights they have.
2.2 Working with other creatives
· Be able to work in teams with Art Directors, Copywriters, designers and other artworkers produce outstanding work
· Be able to take direction from senior creatives and provide a revised solution in a timely fashion
2.3 New Business
New business is the lifeblood of any agency, and you as a artworker should be keen to get involved. New business can be an all-hands-to-the-pumps exercise within the agency, and you should be eager to be part of the process in whatever way supports the agency.
2.3 Be enthusiastic, positive and engaged
You'll be keen to learn and grow by observing and working with any number of the creative team. It is imperative that you come to work with a curious and open mind, as well as a strong desire to use your time there making your own creative mark in the industry. It also helps if you are unflappable under pressure!
3 What background and skills do I need?
· A tertiary level education in design and core design principles would be ideal.
· A minimum of 4 years experience as an artworker.
· An impressive book that demonstrates your ability and attention to detail.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Commitment to succeeding.
· An excellent ability in Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (on the Mac of course!)
4 What type of person should I be?
· Keen to progress.
· A team player.
· Have a love of your craft.
· Want to grow and develop moving forward.
· Confident, but not arrogant: there's no room for prima donnas!
· Humble and dead keen to keep learning and developing your craft.
5 The Rewards
In return for your hard work, dedication and loyalty, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package. You'll receive 20 days standard holiday, and in addition you'll receive your birthday day off and the time between Christmas and New Year. You're entitled to free eye tests, life assurance, childcare vouchers and may qualify for our Cycle to Work scheme. Fresh fruit and breakfast are provided daily. Training and development, where appropriate, will also be provided.