Account Manager SME Renewals
Company: Centaur Media Plc’s Marketing and Creative Portfolio Job title: Account Manager (SME Renewals) Brand: Econsultancy (Subscriptions)
Reports to: Commercial Manager – Renewals
Role Context: To succeed in digital it must permeate every part of the business – from top level strategy, organisational structure and staff capabilities, to technology and processes. Econsultancy is the only business of its kind that helps clients bridge the gap between strategy and action through a unique mix of research, training and events. Brands, Technology Vendors and Media Agencies are significantly increasing their investments in Digital, and Econsultancy is ideally placed to capture the revenue opportunities arising in this fast moving sector.
Role Purpose: We’re looking for an awesome subscriptions Account Manager to manage the EMEA portfolio of SME clients. Together with the Commercial Manager you will have full ownership of these subscribers and will collaborate with our wonderful colleagues in Client Services, Editorial, Marketing and Data to help deliver exceptional and personalised Account Management, at scale. Securing renewals and, where possible, upgrading these accounts to higher yield subscriptions with additional user licences and subscriber benefits will contribute significantly to the growth the Econsultancy is aiming for in 2018.
Main Responsibilities: Develop relationships with clients throughout the subscription period and - through a consultative sales approach - transition as many as possible to higher-yield subscription packages.Maintain a strong renewal rate, consistently close business and accurately forecast sales.Work with Commercial Manager to take an overview of accounts for the year and identify the most lucrative opportunities.Liaise with internal teams (Client Services, Editorial, Marketing, Data) to help deliver personalised account management, at scale.Ensure maximum revenue generation through effective negotiation and engagement of multiple stakeholders.Present at client meetings where appropriate.Work collaboratively with Commercial Manager, BDM colleagues and Analyst team to meet client requirements and close sales.Attend networking events within the industry at events and conferences where appropriate.The admin around closing sales and keeping tracking documents and Salesforce up to date must be completed diligently.
- Entrepreneurial with a positive attitude
- Confident, articulate and a proactive thinker.Self-motivated and capable of hands-on problem solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions, and ensure exceptional culture of client service.
- Strong track record in B2B sales role preferably business information or subscriptions based
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding conversation skills, commercial acumen and adept at uncovering prospects’ business challenges
- Interest in all things digital (or excited to learn)Motivation to work independently and closely with colleagues
- Business minded: the individual must be open to leads being handled by the team where the revenue opportunity is greatest: be that Account Management, New Business, UK, USA or Asia* *Limits of responsibility: Who handles accounts is ultimately at the discretion of the Sales Director and Commercial Managers. Where appropriate accounts will be re-allocated in line with where the greatest revenue opportunities lie.