Head of Design and Creative
Leading global PR and communications agency is in need of an inspirational and hands on Head of Design and Creative, leading a team of 8 perm designers, Snr, midweights and juniors a studio manager and an artworker + freelancers you will be responsible for managing, planning and developing a wide variety of design work for various London clients, from consumer brands to healthcare to corporate.
This pivotal role within the agency will provide the spokesperson and authority on the creative visual delivery of their campaigns, working closely with the Head of Strategy to come up with innovative and visually inspiring creative solutions to exceed their clients expectations. The ideal candidate will come with a background in design and understand how to deliver and implement ideas as well as come up with them. You will need to be an inspirational lead with the experience in integrated communications to help inspire and develop the existing team as it grows. You will be a great man manager as well as a persuasive and charismatic presenter of ideas.
The ideal person will be experienced to confidently offer advice and guidance to the other Designers, and at times even roll their sleeves up and get stuck in as the design briefs come in.
Candidates must have a great understanding of layout, type and colour with an aptitude for designing in both the digital and traditional channels and the ideal candidate must have experience of developing and creating new ideas for pitches and presentations for potential clients. Working within the integrated services of their London head office , digital, creative, content, design, new business and research specialisms. The community is made up of 25+ passionate professionals.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience :
· Experience of managing and leading a team of designers and reporting in at a senior level.
· Conceptual thinker with experience of managing projects, from ideas to completion
· Experience of developing and creating new ideas for pitches and presentations for potential clients
· Experience of client handling is a must as well as a confident presenter of ideas.
· Must be able to demonstrate a breadth of design experience and a technical understanding in the delivery of integrated campaigns.
· Significant experience and excellent Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator (preferred) skills are essential with an understanding of artworking, retouching and image uploading
· Ability to contribute to the creative process, come up with ideas and creative ways of presenting information
· Experience in creating infographics would be a (huge) benefit
· Ability to work to clear client brand guidelines
· Ability to produce brand guidelines
· Experience of art direction
· Experience in presentation design
· Experience with integrated campaigns and developing creative concept
· Ability to take a project from initial concept to final production
· Follows latest design and social media trends
· Can juggle multiple projects while working independently or as part of a larger team
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
· Excellent communication and presentation skills