Industrial Designer/Product Design Engineer
Meridian Audio Limited designs, engineers and manufactures state-of-the-art audio systems, and supplies audio technology to a number of business-to-business clients in the automotive, marine and consumer electronics industries.
We have a vacancy for an Industrial Designer / Product Design Engineer at our facility in Huntingdon. The ideal candidate will have a degree or equivalent in industrial / product design and approximately 1-3 years year’s postgraduate work experience.
This newly created role provides the successful candidate with a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a renowned industrial designer on a wide range of exciting projects.
The candidate will have skills and competency in the following:
- Sketching initial design ideas
- Using dedicated CAD (ideally experience of ‘SolidWorks’) and CAID to develop and produce design specifications
- Meeting with clients to establish the design brief, including the concept, performance and production criteria
- Taking part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings
- Working with the engineering team identifying the suitability and availability of materials
- Researching materials, processes or market requirements
- Making presentations either when bidding for a contract or to present design proposals