Job Title: Middleweight Designer
Salary: £22,000-£25,000 (DoE)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Type Of Employment: Full-time
Industry: Media / Publishing
Function: Conferences / Events
Incisive Media is an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media. Working in our two core markets, financial services and technology, we provide analyst-grade insight, business intelligence and access to specialist networks of business professionals around the globe.
What you will be doing:
We are looking for a creative Middleweight Designer to work across our award winning brands for our events and marketing departments. Creating a wide range of printed and digital promotional material, involving campaigns and identities.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- To work on the promotion of house publications and events, creating new campaigns and identities
- To work with existing concepts and templates on a range of advertising, logos, brochures, supporting material and online offerings
- To present new designs to internal teams
- To be responsible for the typesetting, correction and updating of brochures and advertisements
- To create and manipulate images, logos and graphics using Photoshop, Illustrator and other appropriate software
- To create and manage online banner advertisements
- To advise freelancers on house styles, processes and brand guidelines when manager is unavailable
- To contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team by developing and maintaining good working relationships
- To apply best practice in all design work
- To research and stay updated on latest design trends and software possibilities
- Any other work-related tasks that may reasonably be requested
What we Value:
Our ideal candidate will have solid experience in a design role in either a publishing house, marketing environment or design agency working across different mediums:
- Capable of creating high-quality, eye-catching designs for different mediums
- Ability to interpret a brief, ask relevant questions and translate requirements into suitable designs
- Accuracy in inputting and amending copy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good working knowledge of Adobe CC, in particular Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office
- An understanding of user experience on digital platforms
- Experience of digital design and producing online advertising
- Good working knowledge of print preparation
- Ability to learn new processes and skills quickly and effectively
- Ability to be flexible, multitask and respond effectively to changing priorities and challenging deadlines
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Pro-active, self-starter and a good team player
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply:
Are you keen to join the Incisive Family? Click on 'I'm Interested' to start your journey.
If this isn't the right job for you then perhaps you have a friend who might be suitable? Click on 'Refer a friend' to recommend someone.
We look forward to welcoming you on board!
What you can expect from us:
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career, tailoring your development through management support, internal & external training courses and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location in Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Group personal pension plan
- Free eye tests
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IMFoundation - staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
Plus a number of voluntary/salary sacrifice benefits including private medical insurance, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, gym discounts, and many more!