Silver Cross Group is an exciting and leading global multi-brand group in the baby and children’s product sector. We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Product Designer to join the group.
The role consists of the design and development of prams and pushchairs and other associated baby/children’s products. We are looking for a highly creative product designer who will be a product design Graduate or Industry trained with 2-4 years relevant, hands-on experience. Solidworks software experience is essential and there are exciting opportunities for overseas travel. Experience and knowledge in production techniques is preferred and an obsession with quality and detailing is essential. We’re offering a great package for a person with the will to succeed and ability to work as part of a team.
- To be an integral part of the internal design and development team at Silver Cross specialising primarily in hardware product design and concept development.
- To deliver workable, marketable and breakthrough solutions to new product developments and derivative developments of existing product.
- To assist in embedding Solid Works CAD capability within the Design Department.
- To organise and catalogue product specification information both paper based and electronically
- Produce well-conceived and communicated design concepts and solutions.
- To be involved in the whole development process from concept sketch generation to production in the Far East and post launch improvements.
- Hands on product design and development.
- Produce Representative To Production (RTP) specification documents.
- Work to clearly defined deadlines and deliver to the deadlines.
- Assist in other areas of design and marketing as and when required.
- Work closely with the internal technical department and external suppliers’ engineers to ensure total product reliability.
- Produce three-dimensional Solid Works CAD models.
- Produce three-dimensional soft and hard models and assist in production of prototypes.