Mid-senior UX/UI Designer
Mid-senior UX/UI Designer
Crab is one of the country’s leading creative agencies, based in the heart of Shoreditch, it produces digital solutions for a wide range of clients. We are a lively and friendly team, who love working collaboratively and we’re looking for a talented new designer with great digital expertise that inspires those around them to raise the bar and produce exceptional and groundbreaking work.
As a mid-senior UX/UI Designer you’ll need to have a deep understanding of UX and designing for the web as well as a strong flair for visual design. You will be fully immersed in projects, from discovery, to delivery, whilst providing support to the rest of the design team. You’ll understand that good design is about asking the right questions before tackling a problem and that design is always a collaboration.
Although you’ll be mostly championing UX within the team there will be some call for you to get involved in some of the UI / content design work that comes through the studio.
- Working through product design projects from pitching and discovery to delivery
- Ability to determine the most appropriate research strategy to solve a client’s UX issues
- A deep understanding of the limitations and emerging advancements in web design
- Comfortable with structuring a compelling pitch deck and presenting to work clients
- Able to help to guide the junior team members through best practices in UX and web design
- Demonstrable experience in responsive web design
- Creating detailed handovers and testing responsive websites
- Comfortable leading a creative discussion or design critique session
- Comfortable presenting work to clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Tools you’ll be expected to work with:
- Google Docs
- Google Slides
This is a great opportunity for for someone to develop into a more senior role in a company that sees design as the driving force of its business.
Crab offers a wide range of benefits including:
- A great place to work, right in the heart of Shoreditch
- 23 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) rising to 25 days after 2 years
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Frequent Staff Outings
- We promote training & development
- We regularly score 10/10 in Staff surveys as a great environment to work in
- A fully stocked fridge!
Please include links to your portfolio and up to date CV. Applications to be submitted by 28th November with interview w/c 04.12.
Please reference your application with CUXO3 and indicate your current salary and notice period.
For internal evaluation reference
Key portfolio indicators:
- Any e-commerce experience.
- Case studies that demonstrate the level of research and design thinking involved.
- References to running discovery workshops.
- References to research methods used
- Some examples of visual design / artworking
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.