Junior Graphic Designer
Junior Graphic Designer
Changeboard is an award-winning, progressive B2B publication for senior business leaders. We produce both print and digital outlets in the UK and Middle East for ourselves and third-party clients, as well as running real-world conferences and events.
An exciting opportunity for a junior graphic designer to join the busy editorial team at Changeboard, working on a variety of projects alongside the Head of Design. Projects include: print and digital magazines, whitepapers, exhibitions and displays, MPUs and Banners, Media Packs and Conference collateral (such as brochures, pull-up banners, signage, pop-up stands and logos).
You'll work to various briefs from the Editorial department, Sales team or Head Designer and will develop creative ideas and concepts.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software, a superb eye for detail and a professional approach to time and deadlines.
You may need to manage more than one design brief at a time and typical activities include:
- Creating attractive and effective daily graphics for social media and online content
- Picture research and creation of relevant and engaging formats for use across all media
- Designing regular template magazine pages for UK, Middle Eastern and third-party client publications (in English) and developing bespoke design briefs that suit the article’s story
- Assisting in the production of digital magazines for Changeboard and third-party clients
- Assisting in the creation of digital design work, including display banners, newsletter graphics, and email signatures
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to the Head Designer
- Checking designs to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print
- Acting as lead designer when the Head Designer is on annual leave
With a background working as part of a design team, you will be ready to develop your existing skills by working with senior creative staff on a range of planned and ad-hoc projects.
You will be responsible for helping to drive the creative direction of campaigns, so having a passion for creating stunning visuals and an obsession with detail are essential. An understanding of typography, layout and art direction will be needed to help the team produce the best work possible.
You will have:
- A degree in graphic design
- A strong portfolio which shows experience with a range of programs and materials
- A good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with HTML and digital design projects preferred
- Experience of designing for digital magazines
- Some creative industry experience (magazines is preferable but not essential)
- Up to date knowledge of the latest design trends
- The ability to think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Consistency regardless of project size
- The ability to see projects through from start to finish
Please click the Apply button to send your CV and highlight five examples of your best layout work from your portfolio in a PDF (maximum 10mb total).