Senior Visual Designer
Senior Visual Designer - Job Description
ASI Data Science is a world leader in data science, machine learning and AI. Our mission is to bring the power of artificial intelligence to everyone.
As businesses realise the importance of using data to drive growth and stay competitive, ASI is at the forefront of using data to make better decisions. Be it running the UK’s most prestigious data science fellowship, our data science product, SherlockML, or helping some of the most well known companies in the UK solve their data science problems, the scope of our mission is beyond that of a traditional company.
We are growing rapidly, and looking for a talented Senior Designer to join our team of data scientists, engineers, and marketers.
As part of a small design team, you'll be working across all of the aspects of the business. The majority of the role is designing the screens, components, and user experience for SherlockML and also includes working with our Marketing team on designing posters and newsletters, working with the leadership team on defining our visual brand identity, and helping our data scientists tell their story through visualisations and animations.
The scope of the role is extremely wide and you will need to be comfortable with all aspects of what's considered design. From graphics to user experience design to typography to animations to visualisations to digital products, we aren't afraid of getting our hands dirty, and neither should you.
Startup experience is not a requirement, but we are looking for someone who's fast, flexible and excited about being part of a fast-growing entrepreneurial environment. Being at the cutting-edge is our business, and you will be encouraged to continue developing the full-spectrum of your design skill-set, whilst becoming an expert in the data visualisation tools of the future.
Please include a link to your portfolio in your application. Applications without links will not be accepted.
- Lead design on key projects across the business
- Website UX and visual design
- Guardian of our visual brand identity
- Design of all marketing materials
- Story-telling using visualisations and animations
- Data visualisation (we can help with the 'big' data)
- Prepare design presentations to clients
- Manage our design assets across all print and digital channels
- Manage multiple work streams and work with many key stakeholders
- You have at least 3-4 years experience in a professional design environment
- You can make the complex simple, and tell engaging stories across mediums
- You are an expert with Sketch, InVision, and the standard modern designers toolkit
- You have a solid understanding of brands, brand building, brand values and guidelines
- You have superb understanding of typography and layout
- You are truly excited about applying your creative design skills to new problems
- You have experience with visualising large amounts of data (a plus)
- Your written and spoken English is excellent and you can communicate complex ideas at the right level
- You're a flexible, open-minded and really nice person
- Challenging and interesting work
- Equity in a rapidly growing, funded start-up
- All the kit you need to do your job
- Central London office with all the usual perks
- A fun, highly-educated and growing team that trusts you and values your learning and advancement
- Weekly training in the latest data science techniques, tools, and technologies.
- Unlimited holidays
- Competitive salary
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.
For information on our other opportunities go to: https://www.asidatascience.com/careers