Production Manager / London / £40k (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Furniture, Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Manufacturing, CAD, Interior, Art, Installation, Production.
A leading studio in luxury furniture, lighting and accessories design is currently looking for a talented and dynamic Production Manager. This award-winning team of interior designers, furniture designers and craftsmen combine both modern and traditional furniture making techniques to create outstanding spaces and products to the highest quality. The successful candidate will have gained industry experience within furniture production and have a sound knowledge and understanding of manufacturing and logistical processes.
THE PRODUCTION MANAGER JOB
- Responsible for managing all aspects of production, supervising all supplier relationships while liaising directly with design and accounts teams.
- Management of all Orders, with clear direction in developing a reliable supply chain, aiming for consistent product deliverables on quality, price and lead-times.
- Overseeing the manufacture and construction of pieces and reporting to the company directors.
- Responsible for collating all technical drawings and instructions, setting design standards to maintain consistent high quality.
- Responsible for planning work schedules.
- To liaise with design teams, suppliers and manufacturers to ensure the highest of quality is upheld.
- Liaising and negotiating directly with fabricators and external suppliers to fully embrace the designs vision, whilst keeping to budget and deadlines.
- Oversee the construction and development of a project.
- Able to multitask and manage time effectively, with excellent organisational and administrative skills.
ABOUT THE PRODUCTION MANAGER
- Educated in Product and/or Furniture design.
- Experience within the high end / luxury industry.
- Experience producing production drawings and sound knowledge of furniture construction.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing process, materials and finish.
- Fantastic communication skills and well presented.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills are also of the utmost importance. Fluent in English is a must, but knowledge of another language would be desirable (Portuguese or Italian).